Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Silly Jack

Jack is learning to speak. But I can't always understand him. The other day I gave him something and he said "Thank you." But I didn't understand. He said it again, and again I didn't understand. Finally he said "Thank you, you're welcome!" This time I understood. Funny he wasn't mad because I didn't understand. He was mad because I wasn't making the proper socially accepted response to his thank you.

Yesterday he was sitting on the potty (he's great at using it for #2, but not #1). I was really tired because I had tried to nap to make up for lost sleep caused by Jack. He wanted me to read a story, but since I had just woken up, I was reading in a tired monotone voice. He said to me "STOP! Happy!" He may not know all the words yet, but he know how to get his point across.

No comments: